Sunny island of Malta
Are you longing for sun, beach holidays and a Mediterranean climate – even in winter? Come with us to Malta and look forward to beautiful bays, cities steeped in history and perfect weather for beach and active holidays !
The island group of Malta, consisting of the islands of Comino, Gozo and Malta, is located in the central Mediterranean and offers the perfect conditions for every type of holiday. If you are planning a beach holiday, you will find optimal temperatures in Malta from May to October. A multitude of bays with crystal clear water that shimmers in turquoise colors provides the desired refreshment. Active vacationers can look forward to the winter months in particular. At this time, thanks to the mild climate, you can explore the islands in all their facets while hiking, diving, windsurfing or kite surfing . Fans of city trips and sightseeing can find numerous impressive sights in the island’s capital Valletta, in historic Mdina and many other places discover. Malta has something for each of you – but the best thing to do is convince yourself!
Get pleasure? You can find cheap direct flights from Vienna with Air Malta . You can book a return flight from around € 106 (for appointments in October and November 2020). With this offer you have the GoLight tariff including 10 kg hand luggage. With other airlines, such tariffs usually only include 8 kg of hand luggage.
Single trip to Malta
The small island of Malta is a real treasure in the Mediterranean. Even in our autumn and winter months, the weather here is still sunny and warm. If you are looking for a singles vacation in the off-season, where you can stay in a beautiful hotel by the sea and go on many excursions, then Malta is perfect for you. The small island is incredibly diverse and has so many impressive historical buildings to offer that you don’t know where to look first. Solo travelers can take diving courses here, as one of the most popular diving areas in the world is located around the islands of Malta and Gozo. Look now for the right single travel offers and treat yourself to a break in Malta .
Popular regions and places in Malta
The Maltese archipelago consists of three inhabited and four uninhabited islands. The inhabited islands of Malta, Gozo and Comino are popular vacation spots in the republic. You can now find out what holidaymakers can expect here and what makes the islands popular destinations.
- Main island of the republic
- beautiful sandy beaches
- here are the capital Valletta, the former capital Mdina and Popeye Village
- Blue grotto with an imposing cave system in the southwest of the island
- further sights: Haga Qim temple complex, temple complex of Tarxien
- boats to the sister islands of Gozo and Comino leave daily from here
- Malta’s capital
- surrounded by mighty city walls
- narrow streets, pretty shops and unique architecture
- cute cafes in historic squares
- Evidence of the city’s exciting history can be found everywhere in the city
- ideal for a day trip
- second largest island in the Republic of Malta
- approx. 30 min. ferry ride from Malta to Gozo
- visits the small hidden Dwerja Bay for snorkeling and sunbathing
- relaxed on the bay of Marsalforn
- visits the small town of Victoria
- dives on the coast of Gozo
- visits the winery in Xaghra
- smallest inhabited Maltese island
- Size: 1.7 km wide and 2 km long
- daily boat tours from Malta to Comino start
- here is the famous Blue Lagoon
- Diving paradise with a wonderful underwater world
- on the island there is only one hotel, one chapel, one hospital ruin and one historic watchtower
- is located in the western center of Malta
- former capital
- just 235 inhabitants
- impresses with a more than 4,000 year old history
- Sights: City wall, city gate, Torre dello Standardo, St. Paul Cathedral, various palaces and much more