Horseshoe Bend, Idaho is a small city located in the Boise metropolitan area, with a population of approximately 4,500 people. The city is surrounded by rolling hills and mountains, providing scenic views and numerous outdoor activities for its citizens. The climate in Horseshoe Bend is generally mild and sunny, with temperatures ranging from the upper 20s to mid 80s during the summer months. See harvardshoes for main cities in Idaho.
The history of Horseshoe Bend dates back to the 1800s when miners flocked to the area seeking gold. The city was officially incorporated in 1928 and has since grown steadily over the years. Today, Horseshoe Bend is a popular destination for tourists looking for outdoor adventure or simply a quiet getaway.
In terms of politics, Horseshoe Bend is part of Ada County which is considered to be one of the most conservative counties in Idaho. This conservatism carries over into local politics as well, with many members of the community strongly supporting traditional values and limited government intervention.
Economically speaking, Horseshoe Bend relies heavily on tourism as its primary source of income. There are several local businesses that cater to visitors such as hotels, restaurants and recreational activities like golfing and fishing charters. Additionally, many residents are employed by Boise-based companies such as Micron Technology or St Luke’s Health System due to its close proximity to downtown Boise.
The schools in Horseshoe Bend are part of the West Ada School District which provides education for students from kindergarten through 12th grade. There are two elementary schools (Horseshoe Bend Elementary School & Kinnikinnick Elementary School), one middle school (Horseshoe Middle School) and one high school (Horseshoe High School). Each school offers a variety of programs designed to meet students’ individual needs including advanced placement classes and career technical education courses.
Finally, landmarks in Horseshoe Bend include historical sites such as Pioneer Cemetery which was established in 1864; Payette River which runs through downtown; Lake Lowell which offers fishing opportunities; and Anderson Ranch Dam which provides irrigation water for farmers in the area.
Population: 770. Estimated population in July 2020: 834 (+8.3% change)
Males: 402 (52.2%), Females: 368 (47.8%)
Zip code: 83629
Median resident age: 32.3 years
Median household income: $32,125
Median house value: $79,400
Races in Horseshoe Bend:
- White Non-Hispanic (88.8%)
- Hispanic (9.0%)
- Other race (4.3%)
- Two or more races (2.5%)
- American Indian (2.1%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (16.2%), United States (14.9%), Irish (11.9%), English (10.0%), Norwegian (7.4%), Scottish (5.3%).
Elevation: 2630 feet
Land area: 0.6 square miles
Horseshoe Bend is a small city located in Idaho, United States. As of the 2020 census, the population was estimated to be 1,923. The city is known for its rural lifestyle, with many of the residents living in single family homes and on large lots. The majority of the population is Caucasian, but there are also some Hispanic and African American residents.
Living costs in Horseshoe Bend are quite affordable, making it an attractive destination for those looking to relocate or purchase a second home. Housing prices have been steadily increasing over the past few years due to increased demand from newcomers. The average price per square foot for a single family home is around $180, while rental rates average around $800 per month. Utilities such as electricity and water are fairly inexpensive compared to other cities in Idaho, making it an attractive option for those looking to save on monthly bills. Additionally, groceries are generally quite affordable when compared to other cities in Idaho due to the lack of competition from large chain stores such as Walmart or Target. Overall, living costs in Horseshoe Bend are quite reasonable and competitive when compared with other nearby cities in Idaho.
For population 25 years and over in Horseshoe Bend
- High school or higher: 73.9%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 12.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.9%
- Unemployed: 15.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 37.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Horseshoe Bend city
- Never married: 22.6%
- Now married: 55.7%
- Separated: 2.4%
- Widowed: 5.7%
- Divorced: 13.6%
3.1% Foreign born (2.5% Latin America, 0.4% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +119 (+18.3%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Horseshoe Bend:
- INTERMOUNTAIN HOSPITAL (about 21 miles; BOISE, ID)
- ST ALPHONSUS REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 21 miles; BOISE, ID)
- SUNHEALTH BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SYSTEM (about 21 miles; BOISE, ID)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Horseshoe Bend:
- BOISE AIR TERMINAL/GOWEN FLD (about 25 miles; BOISE, ID; Abbreviation: BOI)
- FRIEDMAN MEMORIAL (about 136 miles; HAILEY, ID; Abbreviation: SUN)
- JOSLIN FIELD – MAGIC VALLEY RGNL (about 155 miles; TWIN FALLS, ID; Abbreviation: TWF)
Other public-use airports nearest to Horseshoe Bend:
- GARDEN VALLEY (about 23 miles; GARDEN VALLEY, ID; Abbreviation: U88)
- EMMETT MUNI (about 24 miles; EMMETT, ID; Abbreviation: S78)
- IDAHO CITY USFS (about 26 miles; IDAHO CITY, ID; Abbreviation: U98)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Horseshoe Bend:
- BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY (about 32 miles; BOISE, ID; Full-time enrollment: 12,033)
- COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN IDAHO (about 153 miles; TWIN FALLS, ID; Full-time enrollment: 3,433)
- EASTERN OREGON UNIVERSITY (about 163 miles; LA GRANDE, OR; Full-time enrollment: 2,192)
- LEWIS-CLARK STATE COLLEGE (about 179 miles; LEWISTON, ID; Full-time enrollment: 2,213)
- UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO (about 204 miles; MOSCOW, ID; Full-time enrollment: 9,823)
- WALLA WALLA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 210 miles; WALLA WALLA, WA; Full-time enrollment: 2,812)
- WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY (about 225 miles; PULLMAN, WA; Full-time enrollment: 18,110)
Public high school in Horseshoe Bend:
- HORSESHOE BEND HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 94; Location: 398 SCHOOL DRIVE; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Horseshoe Bend:
- HORSESHOE BEND ELEMENTARY (Students: 132; Location: 398 SCHOOL DRIVE; Grades: PK – 05)
- HORSESHOE BEND MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 82; Location: 398 SCHOOL DRIVE; Grades: 06 – 08)
Library in Horseshoe Bend:
- HORSESHOE BEND DISTRICT (Operating income: $44,629; Location: 392 HWY 55; 9,033 books; 12 audio materials; 149 video materials; 53 serial subscriptions)