An important wall clock may chime, a shuttle or even a cuckoo comes out every hour so you know the time. These clocks do not run on electricity, so they have no batteries or plug-in adapters. They are wound once a week with a special key that comes with wall clock at purchase. The time best when wound on the same day every week. Correct winding ensures your key wall clock will keep time in many years.
You Need Clock Key
1. Put the key in the slot. . where you wind the clock. The slot is on the front or back of the watch. If the tray is in the back, you have to take it down from the wall.
2. Turn the key slowly and release the key on each half turn. The clock winds in a clockwise or counter-clockwise turn, depending on the brand of the watch. Listen for a clicking sound that indicates you to turn the key in the right way. Carefully wind the watch until you feel that spring is tight.
3. Remove the key from the holder and insert it into second place if you have a striking clock and wind in the same way. Put into third place and do the same thing for a chiming clock, which has three locations.
4. Remove the key from the slot. Check the time on the clock. Move the hands on the clock if the time is incorrect. Move your hands in a clockwise direction.
5. Put the key in a place that is easy for you to remember.
Tips & Warnings
- As advised by Phoenixwallclocks.com, wind your wall clock key the same day each week and try not to let the clock completely unwind and stay. Read the instruction manual for instructions on your specific wall clock key. The manufacturer gives you some rules on how to handle and wind your watch.
Vintage LAVA 31 Day Key Wind-Up Strike Wall Clock Works
Vintage style Lincoln 31 day wind-up Wall Clock in wooden …
Vintage German Kieninger Art Nouveau Spring Driven Wall …
Antique Pendulum Wall Clocks
Nice Older Korea Key Wind Cherry Wood 31 Day Strike Wall …
Classic Schoolhouse Vintage Wall Clock With Pendulum Chime …
Vintage Bulova Wall and Desk Clock with Pendulum Solid …
Wind Up Chime Clock
Jupiter 31 Day Key Wind Mantle Clock with Key
Syroco 8 Day Wind Up Wall Clock with Key
Gold Sunburst Clock by Syroco, circa 1955 at 1stdibs
Kassel Wall Clocks
Antique Wall Clock With Pendulum
Mid Century Clock
212) Rare Antique R&C French Triple Wind Bracket Clock-5 …
Antique German Mantle Clock 1940s Lauffer Black Forest
Antique French Industrial Series Horizontal Boiler …
Kassel 15-Day Oak Veneer Key Wound Chiming Wall Clock For …