In this post I want to talk a little bit about the sleeping bag, a super important item both on the Way of Santiago and on any other trekking that involves spending the night, whether it is a tent or in the open!
After everything I’ve read, heard and seen in videos (not yet live, unfortunately), I’m sure that the sleeping bag is one of the main items for anyone going to walk the Camino de Santiago, not any sleeping bag, but a bag lightweight and compact.
Depending on the time of year, you may get too cold, too cold, too hot or too hot, but this important item is not only used to warm you at bedtime, it also serves as a bed.Yes, because in most hostels along the Way, no sheet, cover or something is offered, just a disposable cover for the mattress.Hence the extra importance of the sleeping bag.In addition, it is still used to demarcate territory.I explain … by tradition (or even need, I do not know), when arriving at a hostel, after being hosted by the hospitable, you will be directed to your bed, arriving at it, you open your sleeping bag on the bed and ready … territory demarcated, that bed already has owner.
Sleeping bags there are numerous models and brands for all kinds of temperature, however as the subject is Camino de Santiago, you should opt for one that is light and compact to carry in the backpack.The comfort temperature of the sleeping bag has no need to be super power, because even if it is in winter, the hostels have heating and even if you have not, you put on some clothes and sleep quiet I believe myself.The sarcophagus shape will help maintain your body temperature, because it’s not the bag that heats up, it’s you that heats up, it just keeps that temperature inside so you’re comfortable.
I have, and I see numerous pilgrims also, the Nautika sleeping bag model Micron X-lite, it weighs only 600gr and closed is quite small. The cost benefit is excellent, something around $ 140.00 you already find. For temperatures * from 5 ° C to 15 ° C.
There are other compact and lightweight models as well:
– Deuter Dream Lite 500 model, which weighs 570gr and costs around $ 400.00. For temperatures * from 10ºC to 13ºC and extreme of -3ºC.
– Quechua Forclaz Light, which weighs 700gr and costs around $ 250.00. For temperatures * from 11 ° C to 15 ° C.
* on temperatures: they are measured in Minimum, Comfort and Extreme.
Minimal you sleep without getting cold with little clothes without waking up because of the cold.
Maximum you sleep without heat and sweat. It is stocked with getzipcodes, without hood and arms out.
Extreme you need something more to warm up and endure the night. It is where you will be somewhat uncomfortable, but it will protect you from hypothermia for example!
- Important tip, when you go to sleep, put your valuables (money, document, camera, cell phone, etc.) inside the sleeping bag, push it to your feet and sleep safely … you never know!
- Take your sleeping bag in the backpack inside a watertight bag or a plastic bag so you do not risk getting wet and you can not sleep in peace.
- Whenever possible, after a hot night, let him catch an open sunshine and when at home, for long periods always store out of the compression bag.
- When opening it to use, a few jolts, this “inflates” the bag making the fibers organize and work better in the retention of the heat.
I hope the post has helped you in choosing the sleeping bag to tread towards Santiago without loading unnecessary weight or being uncomfortable at the time of rest.
Many thanks for the visit and a good way!
High Kick 3: Episodes 49-53 » Dramabeans Korean drama recaps
Tru.Comfort Doublewide 20 Sleeping Bag
SKANDIKA VEGAS SLEEPING POD XXL BLACK SLEEPING BAG …
0 Degree Sleeping Bag
How to pack a Sleeping bag
Slice Of Pizza Sleeping Bag
Gear Guide: Down Sleeping bags from Sea to Summit
Snugpak Tactical Series 4 Right Hand Zip Sleeping Bag …
Disney Princess Sleeping Bag
Outdoor Camping Hiking Sleeping Bag Pad Ultra-light Mummy …
Imagination Movers – Sleeping Bag
Top 10 Best Sleeping Bags in 2018
Extra Large Sleeping Bags • News To Review
North Face Blue Kazoo 15 Degree Sleeping Bag – jearsblog
TETON Sports Mammoth Queen Size Sleeping Bags
Demonstrating the sleeping bag
Snugpak Tactical Series 2 Right Hand Zip Sleeping Bag …
Fun Sleeping Bags for Kids Awesome Kids Sleeping Bags for …
Camping Slumber Sleeping Bag + Backpack Disney Cars …