Friendly greetings friends!
On this occasion we will share with you some of the secrets of the professionals of the fishing of largemouth bass in Mexico and may be aware some small but very common mistakes we make in regards to the handling of our team, in this case specifically with the “line” of fishing.
When it comes to catch bass, the team may be as important as the ability to be able to locate it, and even more, if we are after of a trophy bass.
There is no more important than other part on the computer of the bass angler. This must be well balanced from the tip of the hook to the hand of the fisherman.
The slightest imperfection in our team can embody and cause the difference between capture our smallmouth bass record or include the fish to one talk more where the large… became water… literally!
“Was this hair gossip… If you had seen it!”-exclaims a shaken fisherman at the club to another while it opens and wave his arms to give a big hug. After all, there is a feeling that looks like that feeling of emptiness that gives us that big fish that was “lost”, and more even if that day picket has been stunted…
The good news is that regardless of the quality of our line of fishing, all we can make better use our teams since many accidents with fishing lines are caused by us fishermen and our lack of knowledge of the care of our equipment or worse yet, due to our laziness to carry out the necessary procedures to take care of our team , or even by our haste, our rush to start fishing immediately… Whatever the option in any case, we have the solution.
But in the end! Enough wailing and what you truje chencha… Here we go, tips for improving the performance of our fishing line.
- Renew your line often, fishing lines deteriorate! Even as modern lines of fishing of today’s hybrids and the braided doesn’t have to be replaced as often as the fluorocarbon and monofilament, climate, heat and light, may have effects harmful in our line. At the risk of seeming too emphatic again them: the lines will wear for different reasons for what you need to change the line followed; especially if you’re on a trophy Smallmouth Bass or within a competition, if you don’t, the best knot in the world not may help you if the line is very marked, carved or worn.
- Charge properly on your reel line. To load your line to the reel is very important to do so with a constant voltage, when we load the line tension-free, it is very likely that the line “buried in the reel” this happens very often with the braided, although the Council is valid for all lines.
- The mounting failures. Beware the new waveguide of the intersecting loops of these have small spaces between the frame and the eyelet, besides the own eye is very small. Due to this combination are given case where by our mistake, line runs between the frame and the eye rather than through the eyelet. I recommend (especially if you like me have cansadita view) wear glasses when assembling their equipment, and do so in a well lit location while it is still possible.
- Damaged ceramic guides. A very efficient way to verify the good condition of the “eye” (guides) of our cane ceramic is to pass a “cottonete” or “swab” of those who use personal hygiene by each guide, if it is in poor condition will remain in the same strands of cotton that covered the tips of the cottonete, that is a sign that we must change the guide with a new one.
- Let the bait tied on shank. Many fishing rods include a point on the basis of the reel, between this and the last guide, even if you do not seek to attach any, because this causes that when we keep the cane, we do it putting too much tension on the line and this causes the line to weaken or even “bite” it can happen in the part of the line which is near the first guide , and on the part of the line close to the reel, so that we ourselves are there creating two points of risk… This fault is potentiates when we stored our team and after weeks arrived to fish using the equipment that we have left so stored already with bound and “ready” to start fishing lure. The solution is not to leave so tense the reel to not weaken the line, or better still, do not leave our decoy in the shank. The good news for fishermen that we like to build the team from a night before the big day they are at our disposal covers for fishing poles of a material similar to a mesh, with this type of hardware we can organize our fishing rods and do not need to hold powerful lure because even this when out of the BRA the cover will prevent it to tangle with who we have in our other rods.
- The terrible “Back Slash” bird nest. All, all fishermen have suffered ever despair make a bird nest in the reel, even professionals. This makes remedy, only if we practice enough. But the important thing is that after each tangle reel, are creating kinks, weak points on the line, so it is important to check the status of the line after each tangled and desenredada and, if necessary, remove the part that this weak, the reel brake control will help us have increasingly less tangles of line , but there’s nothing like a thumb, educated, and that as mentioned above, occurs with practice. A common mistake is the load our reels with more appropriate line, not overrides line on your reel capacity, this you significantly reduce the amount of bird nests.
- Rush to replace the lures. This is a fairly common error, here is where the fisherman risks and committed more frequently the strength and reliability of your fishing line. The vast majority of us fishermen run as possessed to replace our lure when it was lost in a twist or after a fight with the fish, what we want to be new account in the bout, and please, don’t get me wrong, are fast isn’t bad, what’s bad is that in our eagerness to continue fishing not checked very important points which required us our line once it has undergone to a twist or a fight… You will see, in these cases, line weakens, is carved, the fish in their attempt to escape takes places in which has rods with structures, sticks, rocks, sunken objects which serve them refuge and that put our line at wear situation our line.This is solved by checking our line after each fight or twist move the toes on the line and feel any roughness, any irregularity, if this happens, cut the area weak and ready!
- After a capture Fishermen have a tendency when the picket is active, and is the of cast continuously, even immediately after unhooking a fish, and we want to be the line in the water to keep the feeding frenzy and new account, we do so without checking the State of our fisheries, and that happens? When the larger fish are biting, deeper swallows largemouth bass lure, more have the opportunity to touch the line with the rough mouth of the fish.I recommend you always check the line after each capture and remove damaged parts if necessary.
- Care to store fishing line. No stores fishing line in very hot and illuminated places. The heat is bad for your stored line worse, recent studies have shown that light seems to be even more harmful to the fishing line. If possible, try to store all your fishing line in a cool, dark space.
- Not you driving your bait in the spool This is another mistake we commit for convenience, it is preferable to use holder hook shank or buy one, the risks that he runs the line to subjecting our lure with the reel are great and are easy to detect, when you move from one point to another in our Bassboat, vibration and pounding cause that lure comes into contact with the line and the spool , and this only means, weakened line!
- Not collect so much line! Many fishermen don’t stop collecting line until the lure touches the first eyelet of the cane, this is very bad, both for the line, as the knot, cane, guide and clear is the line… Please avoid this practice…
- Uses the line diameter suitable for the lure and the coverage in which you go fishing. Less diameter have the line more action will have the lures. Never use a more thick line of what you should use depending on the coverage and the structure that you are fishing and the type of fish you are trying to catch. For example:
- If you are fishing a dam with very little or very little coverage, clear waters, you can then use 6 or 8 pound line and catch with your online security close to 7 pounds bass.
- But if you are fishing a dam with much coverage and structure and expect fight with a 10-pound bass, and have enough confidence in your line recommend you have at least 20 pounds of resistance line.
- Uses the correct diameter of hook. If you have with a diameter hook very thick you should use line very resistant, more went down the caliber of your line of fishing, at the same time will have to reduce the thickness of your hook wire gauge.
Tips to prepare your knots
Developing adequately our knots will help us not to damage the line, begins with a good line and use a good knot. Then some very practical tips for tying your knots: